Sports Premium Funding
The Departments for Education, Health and Culture, Media and Sport provide additional funding to primary schools in order to help us to improve our PE provision.
The premium must be used to fund additional and sustainable improvements to the provision of PE and sport, for the benefit of primary-aged pupils, to encourage the development of healthy and active lifestyles.
The funding figure is based on the number of pupils in Years 1 to 6 as recorded in the January census.
This year we are in receipt of our fifth year of funding. Our funding for this year, 2017-2018 is an estimated £13,251 (includes £3,546 carried forward from previous year).
The funding will help us with:
These initiatives are expected to offer the following impacts:
2016-2017 Funding was £9,714.
The funding was used for:
2015-2016 Funding of £9,630 supported us in:
• Healthy eating and fitness workshops for the whole school
• Additional and new sports clubs being offered
• New equipment
• Change 4 life club
• Training for all teachers
• Specialist gymnastics classes
These initiatives offered the following impacts:
• Teachers have made some progress towards the provision of enhanced PE lessons
• Increased participation in extra curricular activities
• PE as a Curriculum area has become more developed and improved
• Children have more access to PE equipment during lunchtimes
Year 6 Swimming Data
Click here to view The Sports Premium spend for 2016-17
Click here to see the analysis of pupil attendance at extra-curricular sports clubs since the funding began.