Ruislip Gardens Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and requires all staff and volunteers to share that commitment.
The School will take measures to ensure that we follow all relevant regulations and guidance from relevant bodies. To review our current policies, please click here.
In doing so we will:
- practise safer recruitment and carry out all necessary checks on staff, governors, agency staff and regular volunteers
- ensure that referrals are always made regarding issues with staff members to the Independent Safeguarding Authority (ISA), whether the issue to be referred is current or historical, in order to prevent future work with children
- be alert to signs of abuse both from in School and from outside and to protect each pupil from any form of abuse, whether from an adult or another pupil and deal appropriately with these and any allegations. We will support children who have been abused
- be alert to the medical needs of children with medical conditions and operate robust health & safety procedures for all students
- ensure that School premises are safe and secure
- maintain a safe and positive school environment which will help prevent incidents from occurring, supported by the teaching and pastoral support offered to pupils
Please click here to read the Prevent Pamphlet for parents.